You can now add a 30 mins Thermal Stamp Treatment to any massage at Brighton Bodyworks (£10 supplement).
This treatment uses muslin balls containing a selection of traditional herbs which have remedial properties when they are absorbed through the skin and inhaled as the compresses are steamed. The heat of the compresses stimulates circulation, relieves muscle tension and aids relaxation.
Herbs used include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Ginger – anti-inflammatory
- Tumeric – antiseptic and anti-inflammatory
- Lemongrass – aids digestion
- Cinnamon – eases bruises, inflammation and joint pain
- Tamarind – for healthy skin
- Kaffir lime – to treat headaches and skin complaints
- Galanga – contains a host of antioxidants and can improve circulation
- Derris scandens Benth – relieves muscular pain
- Cryptoleptis buchanani Roem – eases joint stiffness
- Eucalyptus – aids relaxation, detoxification and helps strengthen the immune system
Let the steaming herbs envelop you as you enjoy this skin tonic, heat treatment and detox all in one. The herbal stamps are yours to take away afterwards – use them as a bath soak, place on a radiator for a wonderful room scent or next to the bed for a restful night’s sleep.
*Not suitable when pregnant or breastfeeding. Please request your thermal stamp treatment at the time of booking.